Friday, July 20, 2012

Remembering the 1960's with vintage New Orleans Memorabilia

Love the 60's...  Uncovered these relics from a yard sale in the Lower Garden District...  May of 1967 is very significant to me, so I grabbed that issue and somehow the 1965 issue got tossed in the mix too.  



My goodness, was she ever pretty!




Love turning the pages and checking out the advertisements...

This look is still cool.  Love the sparkly dress with the pearls.


Smoking was "kool."  But they don't look very "cool!" 

And then I went around the corner and found this matching vintage shift dress at an estate sale - circa the same era:

 



More classic ads...




Seriously, they used a fireman for a tobacco ad?  Hilarious!

"Let's get to the bottom of this."  Love it. 

Then the bohemian/hippie look got started:

And this look is making a comeback!  I think I found the matching the dress for that last weekend too:

  
 Still cool, after all these years!





No comments:

Post a Comment